Pages

Saturday 28 August 2010

FAIRY POSTCARD


Now that the swap is over I though I would post a picture of the fairy postcard that I made for the Crafts beautiful forum swap.

I embroidered the fairy onto white cotton and the mounted it onto some lace and stitched some sequins around the edge. I then padded it and stitched it onto a postcard. I am really pleased with it and i think it is better than the Lion King one. Practise does help!

The next swap is themed 'My Favourite Place' and I know exactly what I am going to do for that one!

In the meantime I have bought a beautiful 1941 Singer Sewing Machine - a bargain at only £20 as well as lots of ribbons, lace, thread etc. Monday night is the night for altering my work colleagues skirt. I'm going to take a before and after shot so that I can see just how much I had to alter. Ive also bought a load of fabric so I can start making clothes again.

Finally I have a wedding in November and I'm hopefully going to make a 50's inspired dress for it. I love wearing my own creations because you know you wont get caught wearing the same thing as someone else! I wore a dress I made last week for my first anniversary and I felt really confident in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment