Pages

Friday 2 July 2010

BUSY BUSY BUSY

Its been almost a month since I last posted on here and I have been really busy. Unfortunately not with crafting!

I have managed to make a little tie top for myself from a pattern I received with the latest Sew Magazine. I was really pleased and it only took me an hour or so from start to finish.

The main thing I have made this month is a coat for my daughter. I know it is the hottest time of the year but I had a cord skirt that I never wear and I thought it would look great as a coat! It took me ages to pick it all apart as it was in long, thin strips. I managed to sew them together to make it look like a design feature on the coat. The coat now has three seams down the back and the arms have a seam running over the top. I'm really pleased that they actually look like they are supposed to be there!

The next item I am making is a 'jeans bum bag' again for my daughter. It is basically a bag made from the bum part of a pair of jeans. Because she is a girl she has some very cute jeans that she has grown out of so I am going to use a pair of them, I'm just trying to find some material to line the bag with. I have to make it soon though, she wants it for her holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment