Pages

Tuesday 8 June 2010

TRYING SOMETHING NEW



Last night I decided to have a little play around with my sewing machine to see if it can sew different types of material. I used an unwanted blanket and a scarf. I ended up making some mobile phone cases.

I decided to try a bit of simple embroidery on the on made from a blanket as I haven't done embroidery since I was about 10 years old. It was quite easy but I could still do with a bit more practise. I'm thinking about making a variety and then setting up an Etsy shop to try and sell a few.

I'm still working on my cross stitch and I'm in the process of making a coat for my daughter. It's on hold until I am able to get some thread to match the fabric. I should be able to complete it early next week. In time for our family holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment