Pages

Tuesday 20 April 2010

HI THERE!

Hi!
As this is my first post I thought I better introduce myself!
My name is Debbie and I am 27 years old. I am married to the most wonderful man and we have three children, two boys aged 8 and 1 and a girl aged 3.
Ever since I was a child I have enjoyed making things. Cross stitch, knitting, decoupage, you name it I tried it. I was also a dancer and my mum had to make me so many costumes over the years I picked up loads of tips in dressmaking from her.
I studies Textiles to GCSE level and I loved every lesson. I wish I had carrie don with my A Level.
A friend told me recently I needed to do something for myself that I would be proud of. So, I decided to start making again. I was given a sewing machine for my birthday last year so I dusted that off, destroyed an old skirt of mine and made my daughter a dress.
OK it's not perfect but for a first attempt after 10 years of not sewing I was pleased.
I'm starting this blog so that I can keep a diary of my makes and finds. I will post pictures of what I make and let you know how I am getting on with new projects and techniques.
I hope you will enjoy this blog as much as I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment